Monday, April 16, 2007

Best Biblical Studies Blogs

I just found this website mentioned by Loren Rosson on his blog, which ranks the Best Biblical Studies Blogs. It is a fun website to take a look at. Forbidden Gospels is at #18 this month. Thanks to all my readers! I haven't figured out exactly how the "voting" works, but it appears that individuals can go to the site and vote for their favorite blogs (weekly? daily? hourly?). Does anyone know how this thing works?

Update 4-15-07: Thanks to Airton de Silva for sending me this link to FAQ about UnSpun. The way it works is each person has to login. Once this is done, the person can use the up and down arrows next to each blog name if he or she thinks the ranking should move up or down. Only one vote per person per blog is allowed until the blog moves to a new ranking, then it can be voted on again. The numbers next to the blog name don't mean much. The #3 slot is always 1000, so the #1 and #2 will be some higher percentage of that, while the ones below this will be some lesser percentage of that. I haven't figured out what the negative numbers are yet.

6 comments:

April DeConick said...

Dear Biby,

Thanks. I enjoy keeping the blog (more than I thought I would)!

airtonjo said...

Please, read this FAQ.

And The Splendor and Misery of a Biblical Poll

Regards

Airton J. da Silva
Brodowski - SP - Brazil

April DeConick said...

Dear Airton,

Thank you!

John Shuck said...

I just checked and you are now at #12 with a bullet! Yours and Jim Tabor's JesusDynasty are my two favorites. I find it amusing that Dr. Tabor's is dead last on the list #65, with the number in parenthesis (-7)! Whatever that means, it can't be good.

Such is life on the Billboard charts.

April DeConick said...

Dear John,

I found your last comment amusing. My husband and I got a chuckle out of it. I sank to #27 the last I looked. So I'm not sure what that means, but it doesn't seem good to me. :-)

John Shuck said...

April,

I used to be a dj. In one ratings book you can be on top of the world (or at least on top of the market at least for say, males 25-54) and the next at the bottom.

My motto was if you live "by the book" you die by the book.

So to heck with the books and be true!

john