Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Thomas Cover Art

I just received an very fun note from my editor at Continuum about the cover art on the paperback of my book Recovering the Original Gospel of Thomas. Apparently two artists, Matt Donovan and Hallie Siegel of Toronto, have used the image from my cover as part of their art exhibit that will be displayed at the Olga Korper Gallery in Toronto, Saturday March 31 through April 28th. The exhibit is called the History Machine series.

Why is this so exciting for me? Because I am the cover artist whose art is being incorporated into someone else's artwork! This is an incredible honor for me. The original cover can be viewed on my sidebar above my list of publications. I hope to get a copy of the Donovan-Siegel image, and if I do I will ask if I can share it on my blog.

No comments: